Ашық сабақ. Ағылшын тілі. Technical progress
The theme Science Technical progress Grade: 11
The aims of the lesson: • To know and use the terms that are useful for analysing language: role of techniques in Modern life;
• Recognize layers of meaning in the text, assemble ideas;
• Individual and group feedback.
Objectives 1. Warm - up
2. Team work “Vocabulary”
3. Team work “Reading for gist”
4. Individual work “Grammar”
5. Expressions 10 min
The expected result
They will know and use the terms that are useful for analysing language: role of techniques in Modern life;
They will be able to recognize layers of meaning in the text and assemble ideas;
They will be able to work individually and in group.
The main idea - Create “Wordbank”: To surf, browser, to deploy, interface, dial - up.
- Create “Grammar database”: Phrasal verbs: pick up, get into, work out
- Expectation: scan for understanding the main idea of the text and scan for gist. Discuss and work with vocabulary words
- Working out: understanding the implication of the work and selecting material to suit it.
Assessment 1. Learning/ Respond logs
3. Individual whiteboard
Homework w/d 5 s/s with phrasal words
TEACHER’S NOTES ABOUT THE LESSON (WHAT WILL TEACHER AND STUDENTS DO DURING THE LESSON?)
I. Organization moment
b. Warm - up
Preliminary Planning Stage
The teacher selects a real world topic based on student interest, the school's curriculum standards, and the availability of resources. Using their experience, knowledge and ideas, the teacher represents them on a topic web.
c. Divide the class into several groups
d. Check their homework
II. Main part
Step 1: Team work “Vocabulary”
*Work in groups. They should complete the columns
Vocabulary Make up sentence with using the words
To surf, browser, to deploy, interface, dial - up
Pick up, get into, work out
Assessment: Learning/ Respond logs
Step 2: Team work “Reading for gist”
* Read the text “Science Technical progress”. To give shortened explanation of given information. (use three major reading speeds: preview; overview; read) (Popcorn game)
*Circle any words you do not understand. In groups, to find the meanings of unknown words use dictionaries
*Look back at the text and write down some questions you would like to ask the class about the text. In groups ask and answer the questions.
* To check themselves, they should try to recall how the words were used in the text:
It’s difficult to overestimate the role of science and technology in our life. They accelerate the development of civilization and help us in our co - operation with nature.
Scientists investigate the laws of the universe, discover the secrets of nature, and apply their knowledge in practice improving the life of people. Let's compare our life nowadays with the life of people at the beginning of the 20th century. It has changed beyond recognition. Our ancestors hadn't the slightest idea of the trivial things created by the scientific progress that we use in our every day life. I mean refrigerators, TV sets, computers, microwave ovens, radio telephones, what not.
Қызылорда облысы, Шиелі ауданы,
№49 орта мектеп ағылшын тілі мұғалімі
Исаева Меруерт Сейдуллақызы