Ашық сабақ. Ағылшын тілі. Past Simple
Unit 3 "Entertainment and media"
Grade 8 __
Theme of the lesson: Past simple.
Learning objectives (s) that this lesson is contributing to 8. C6 organise and present information clearly to others
8. W2 write with minimal support about real and imaginary past events, activities and experiences on a range of familiar general topics and some curricular topics
Lesson objectives All learners will be able to:
• recognize the negative and questions forms of the past simple.
Most learners will be able to:
• practice use of the past simple in a conversation.
Some learners will be able to:
• apply the past simple in a discussion.
Value links Information and media literacy.
Cross curricular links Social studies.
Previous learning Reality TV and reality shows.
Use of ICT Smart board for showing a presentation, getting additional information, playing the audio files.
Intercultural awareness Comparison of Past simple sentences in English, Russian and Kazakh languages.
Health and Safety Breaks and physical activities used.
Planned timings Planned activities
Beginning the lesson The lesson greeting.
The teacher sets the lesson objectives, letting students know what to anticipate from the lesson.
• Were the first reality shows popular? (Yes, they were.)
• Were there any adults in Kid Nation? (No, there weren't).
• Were some participants unhappy in Kid Nation? (Yes, they were).
Ex. 1 p. 35. Recognition exercise.
3) didn't make
4) Did, enjoy
More past simple sentences from the text:
Participants did amusing, but fun, tasks within a time limit.
The young people tried to organize their life without adults.
The youngsters all received $5, 000 for taking part in the show.
The group chose this person.
Ex. 2 p. 35. Opening the brackets.
2) didn't see
4) didn't like
Ex. 3 p. 35. Gap - filling.
6) didn't speak
Ex. 4 p. 35. Writing practice.
Extra task. Writing practice.
Ending the lesson Giving the hometask. WB p. 25.
Self - assessment.
How well do I understand?
4 - I can do this and explain it to someone else.
3 - I understand and can do this by myself.
2 - I need more practice.
1 - I don't understand this yet.
1min Feedback: Teacher asks students what task was difficult to them and which pair worked well.
how do you plan to give more support? How do you plan to challenge the more able learners? Assessment –
how are you planning to check learners’ learning? Critical thinking
Differentiation can be achieved through the selection of activities, identification of learning outcomes for a certain student, provision of individual support to learners, selection of learning materials and resources based on the individual abilities of learners. Assessment criteria:
1. Demonstrate an ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
2. Write sentences about real and imaginary past events connecting them into paragraphs.
• selects useful information and plans the answer.
• writes about past activities.
• Feedback on the work
• Self - assessment Students think critically, exploring, developing, evaluating and making choices about their own and others’ ideas